Be Hostels advices you to visit one of the most beautiful spanish must see – the famous Park Guell of Gaudi. Once you are in Barcelona, you just can’t have any excuses not to go there!
Architect Antonio Gaudi not only designed some of the most beautiful buildings in the world, but also the most emblematic park in Barcelona, which combines nature and impressive views over the city. Built between 1900 and 1924 at the request of the merchant Eusebi Guëll, the park was originally going to host around sixty houses and a chapel, but it was never finished and so it became the property of the city of Barcelona in 1922. The style of Gaudi’s architecture and vision is clearly noticeable in the way this incredible park is constructed: it features his usual use of bright colours, uncommon architectural forms and use of landscape and nature to favor his designs.
There is plenty to do and discover at Parc Güell and you’ll need more than an afternoon to discover in depth all the marvels this park has to offer. Here you will find a children’s playground, fountains, a bar and an area for pets among other things. The only payed attraction is Gaudi’s old house, which has been transformed into a museum. In addition, there are plenty of other works designed by the him spread among the park for you to find. Traders selling hand-made souvenirs are also present here and you might find some special present or souvenir to remember Barcelona by.
Once you get to Parc Guëll the change in the scenery will be immediately noticeable. Bright colours allover, little houses and unusual shapes transport you into another reality. Although full of tourists, as with all other tourists attractions spread around Barcelona, the size of the park will allow you to enjoy the magic atmosphere that hangs all over the place, from the buildings to the trees. There are two entries to the park, and you might want to go in through the main gate (where Gaudi’s house is located) which is a bit further ahead and lower than the other one.
If you are planning to visit this wonderful park, you’ll need a bed! Sleep with us from 10€ and Enjoy Barcelona! Book Online Now
Be sure to check this out, it will be worth your time!
Hours may vary according to the season, always check first
- November and February: 10:00-18:00
- March-October: 10:00-19:00
- April-September: 10:00-20:00
- May-August 10:00-21:00
The park is open every day of the year including during Holidays.
- Calle Olot, Barcelona
- Entry into the park is free at all times
- Metro : Lesseps followed by a 10-15 minute walk to the park. The park is well sign posted. Alternatively, you can get off at Vallcarca .
- Bus (Nr. 24 from Plaza Catalunya) drops you directly next to the entrance in order to avoid the steep hill in front of the park.
For more information, please consult Parc Guell’s website
- Bear in mind the shops near the entrance are very expensive.
- If you would like something to eat, avoid the closest restaurants to the park and instead head towards the area of Gracia, which are less expensive and better quality.
- All the main areas in the park are accessible for wheelchair users, but certain areas may be difficult to get to.